I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When you’ve got a lot of hungry people staring you down demanding crispy food, then you need the best 10qt air fryer to back you up. Most air fryers are around the 3qt to 7qt size, and those are good for couples and small families. However, if you have a big family or host parties, then only a 10 qt air fryer will do.
We looked long and hard to find the top brands in this field. After a long time we narrowed it down to Instant Vortex vs Innsky vs Aria vs Pinsoon. All four of these air fryer brands make large and versatile air fryers, but which is right for you? Read on and find out.
Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer 9-in-1
This is an Instant Pot air fryer, they just have a proprietary name for these units. Much like the Instant Pot pressure cookers, you can expect great things from this 10qt air fryer. There are nine smart features: Air Fry, Roast, Broil, Toast, Bake, Proof, Reheat, Rotisserie, and Dehydrate. From crispy fries and chicken wings to proofing bread or making a whole chicken, the Instant Vortex 10 qt air fryer does everything you need and more.
The Instant Vortex line features EvenCrisp Technology for an unbelievable crunch. It’s hard to say which is better: the taste or sound. Plus, it requires very little oil. There are two air fryer trays and both can be loaded at the same time for extra cooking. The control panel is so simple that anyone can understand it. There are buttons for each function, along with buttons to set the time and temp.
Clean up is easy. The control panel is fingerprint-resistant and wipes clean. All the accessories (cooking trays, rotisserie spit, forks, basket, drip pan, etc) are dishwasher safe. This large air fryer is made for fast, convenient cooking when you want crispy food with fewer calories.
Innsky 10.6Qt Air Fryer and Rotisserie Oven
The Innsky 10qt air fryer is comparable to Instant Vortex, just at a somewhat lower price. This all-in-one air fryer has a surprising number of features. It can air fry, grill, bake, toast, roast, rotisserie, and dehydrate. The massive 10.6qt capacity ensures you can prepare plenty of food for the whole family.
The control panel is easy to operate, but some people might find it a little polarizing. There are 10 graphics and each is for a different preset (like for shrimp, chicken, steak, etc). Take some time to familiarize yourself with what each graphic means so that you can easily operate the air fryer. Aside from that, this is a very easy air fryer. You can set the temperature between 150-450 degrees depending on your needs.
You get lots of accessories. There are 2 mesh cooking racks, 8 skewers, a rotisserie basket, rotisserie shaft, drip tray, and recipe book. All the accessories are dishwasher safe, so you won’t have to spend any time scrubbing by hand. This is a versatile air fryer that can feed the whole family.
Aria Air Fryer 10Qt AAO-890
The Aria 10qt Air Fryer has a small following that is quickly growing. Many people love this brand and how efficient the fryers are. This 10 qt air fryer can air fry, bake, reheat, rotisserie, grill, broil, dehydrate, roast, and toast. Plus, it reaches 400 degrees in seconds, so the “preheat” time is nonexistent. Unlike many other large air fryers with only two levels, this one features three. You can cook a 12-inch pizza, chicken fingers, and onion rings all at once.
You’ll find that the control panel is easy to understand. There are fewer presets than the other brands, but that’s OK. Just set the time and temp and wait until your food is ready. This air fryer requires very little oil, but still makes that crispy crunch you need. This comes with a rotating cage and three mesh racks.
From pies and cakes to chicken fingers and pizza, this family air fryer can cook it all. It’s easy to use and all the accessories are dishwasher safe.
Pinsoon 10-Quart Air Fryer XL
The Pinsoon air fryer is like a hidden gem. This is an affordable air fryer with many features, a surprisingly wide temperature range, and has a large capacity for many ingredients. This air fryer reaches between 120-400 degrees and it can air fry, grill, bake, roast, broil, toast, dehydrate, and rotisserie. The timer can be set between 1-60 minutes, though most meals will be done long before then.
The control panel features 8 presets for easy cooking, or you can manually set the time and temperature yourself. There are three rack positions, and this comes with a large frying basket, rotisserie forks, and three mesh racks to help you cook any meal you can think of. You also get a recipe book with 50 recipes made just for this air fryer. Of course, you’ll enjoy crispy food with significantly less fat and fewer calories.
Which 10 Qt Air Fryer is Best?
Instant Vortex Air Fryer
- Instant Vortex vs Innsky: more features, better control panel
- Instant Vortex vs Aria: more features, easier control panel
- Instant Vortex vs Pinsoon: more features, easier control panel
Innsky Air Fryer
- Innsky vs Instant Vortex: more affordable, higher temperature, slightly larger capacity
- Innsky vs Aria: more presets, higher temperature, slightly larger capacity
- Innsky vs Pinsoon: higher temperature, slightly more presets
Aria Air Fryer
- Aria vs Instant Vortex: three rack positions for more food, fast heating
- Aria vs Innsky: three rack positions, highly efficient
- Aria vs Pinsoon: faster heating, somewhat more versatile
Pinsoon Air Fryer
- Pinsoon vs Instant Vortex: extra rack space
- Pinsoon vs Innsky: extra rack space, a little more versatile
- Pinsoon vs Aria: more affordable, very similar models
There are many 10 qt air fryers made for families and parties, but which one is best? That largely depends on your needs. The Instant Vortex is probably the most useful and versatile overall, and definitely the easiest to use, but Innsky has a higher maximum temperature for a better crisp. Aria and Pinsoon both have three rack positions for more simultaneous cooking.
It all depends on what you’re looking for. However, all four of these 10qt air fryers are trusted products that help you cook lots of crispy food in no time.
Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Capacity: Normally we would tell you to look at the quart size, but all of these are 10 qt air fryers, so there would be no reason for that. Consider instead how many rack positions there are (more positions allow you to cook more food), and consider the overall dimensions for the internal capacity.
- Power: How strong is the large air fryer? Smaller air fryers can use smaller wattages and be perfectly fine, but that’s not the case with family sized air fryers. You need around 1500-1800W to properly cook food. All the models we choose fit this, but be sure to check this with other air fryers.
- Temperature: What is a good temperature for air fryers? You want the maximum temperature to be around 400-450. If you are obsessed with the crispiest food, then 450 is better, but 400 definitely gets the job done.
- Control Panel: Is the XL air fryer easy to control, or is the control panel cryptic and difficult? Also, how easy are the manual controls for time and temp? Your air fryer should be easy to use, not a nightmare to control.
- Safety: What are the safety features? The air fryer shouldn’t get so hot that it warps the material. It’s also best if there is a cool-touch handle so that you don’t burn yourself when removing the food.
Air Fryer FAQ
Are Air Fryer Healthy?
Yes and no, it really depends on how you mean this question. If you mean to ask if breaded food is healthy, then not really, this adds significant calories to your meal. However, air fryers are healthier than deep frying, and by a large amount.
They use around 70-90% less oil, which means much less fat. So they are a healthier option when compared to deep frying, and can be healthy depending on what you’re cooking.
How Air Fryer Works?
Air fryers are similar to fryers in how crunchy and crispy food is, but they really function more like a convection oven. They spread hot air over your food, which then cooks it quickly and evenly. Most air fryers have a small fan to help evenly distribute the hot air until your food is ready.
What Air Fryer Can Cook?
Whether you’re getting a large 10 qt air fryer for families or a small one, they can usually all cook the same things. Many people use them for air fryer fries, chicken fingers, onion rings, and other fried goodies.
They can also make much more. Larger air fryers, like the ones featured here, can make whole chickens and pizzas. Many can also dehydrate fruit or broil steak and chicken breast. You can even bake pies and cakes in an air fryer if you have enough room.
Can Air Fryer Basket Go In Dishwasher?
In most cases, yes. You must read the user manual for your specific unit as some can’t. However, most will be able to go in the dishwasher. If not, then they are easy to clean in the sink.
Air Air Fryer Safe?
As long as you’re buying from a quality brand, your air fryer should be safe. We can only speak in general, as there are some bad brands out there, but they are usually safe and operate at temperatures that cook your food without warping or bending the materials. If you buy a good air fryer, then it should be safe.